Italy's daily coronavirus death toll and new cases fall

Husband Has Unexpected Reaction After Seeing Wife’s ‘Flawless’ Boudoir Photos

Robert Rich

With marriage comes a certain amount of responsibility to tend to the relationship, and the ups and downs are just part of how things go. Taking that into consideration, one woman recently decided to take part in a risqué photo shoot in hopes to impress her husband, but things didn’t quite go according to plan as he had an extremely unexpected response.
The images were taken at a hotel in San Antonio, Texas by Victoria Caroline Haltom after a woman in her 40’s requested her discrete services. According to the photographer, the woman was a curvy, “beautiful size 18,” but she states that the woman had one request.
According to Victoria’s account, as given in a Facebook post, the woman told her, “I want you to photoshop all of my cellulite, all of my angry red stretch marks, ALL of my fat, and all of my wrinkles….just make it go away. I want to feel gorgeous just ONCE.” Not thinking twice and having heard the request countless times in the past, the talented photographer obliged the wife’s wishes, made her the epitome of perfection, and sent her off with flawless photos for her husband.
Unfortunately for her, she was about to receive quite the reaction – from the woman’s husband, which can be read in its entirety here:
The email kicked off with the man introducing himself and explaining a little about the relationship he has with his wife. “I have been with my wife since we were 18 years old, and we have two beautiful children together,” he started by saying. “We have had many ups and downs over the years, and I think…well, actually I KNOW that my wife did these pictures for me to ‘spice things up.’”
The husband then went on to say that although the pictures “are beautiful and you are clearly a very talented photographer….they are not my wife” – and this is where things got real. “You made every one of her ‘flaws’ disappear…and while I’m sure this is exactly what she asked you to do, it took away everything that makes up our life,” he continued.
Hitting his point home, the husband continued dishing out his “food for thought,” saying:
When you took away her stretch marks, you took away the documentation of my children. When you took away her wrinkles, you took away over two decades of our laughter, and our worries. When you took away her cellulite, you took away her love of baking and all the goodies we have eaten over the years.
Now of course, he did say, “I am not telling you all of this to make you feel horrible, you’re just doing your job and I get that. I am actually writing you to thank you.” He then made the stark admission, “Seeing these images made me realize that I honestly do not tell my wife enough how much I LOVE her and adore her just as she is.”
No amount of photoshop could make this man love his wife anymore than he already does and the fact that she wanted to change her appearance meant he was failing to show her just how much he appreciated her – in every way. He eventually concluded, “I have to do better,” and for the rest of his days he was “going to celebrate her in all her imperfectness.”
As one would imagine, this was a bit more than a simple response from the husband of one of her clients – it rang a bell she hadn’t quite realized yet. Adding her own commentary, Victoria wrote:
Ladies, I can photoshop just about anything. But I encourage you to think twice about how much “altering” we do. Our loved ones cherish and adore us just as we are. This email was 100% real, and I cried like a baby with guilt for at least 6 months after that whenever I read it. I encourage you to embrace YOU just as you are!
…oh, and just in case you don’t have anyone telling you how beautiful you are tonight….YOU ARE SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL!!!!
You know, this is the thing about marriage – it’s not always easy, it’s not always glamorous, but at the end of the day, husbands and wives are there for each other. It isn’t a one-sided agreement, and a lifelong commitment is nothing to be taken lightly, but all too often it is.
It’s easy to forget those feelings sometimes, as to why we fell in love with someone in the first place, but chances are, the reasons are still the same. Sure, sometimes we take for granted the other person, but that’s human nature – so long as you snap back out of it.

Tonight I want to tell you ladies about a time I messed up really badly. It was back when I first started boudoir, and...
Posted by Victoria Caroline Boudoir on Monday, 12 October 2015
The point here is that you have to respect one another and acknowledge when mistakes are made – just like this husband did here. It’s not to say we aren’t flawed, but it’s what we do with that realization that counts. There’s no reason that anyone should ever feel as though they have to change in order to be loved and adored by their spouse.
(h/t: Some Ecards)
(Image source: Victoria Caroline Boudoir)

Comments