Italy's daily coronavirus death toll and new cases fall

11-Year-Old Gets Unexpected Response After Telling Teacher He Likes Trump

Sean Brown
A North Carolina boy was participating in a class activity when he told the teacher that he’s a supporter of presidential hopeful Donald Trump. While he has every right to like whatever candidate he chooses, the teacher apparently doesn’t think so, and the boy received an unexpected surprise the following day.
The proud young conservative phoned into the Rush Limbaugh show to tell the legendary host about how he experienced militant liberalism first-hand. After hearing what happened, the teacher really does need to be fired. The boy said his name is Matthew, and he told Rush that he attends an “extremely liberal private school in Raleigh, North Carolina” and that he’s being “targeted” for his conservative views.
Although it’s not really much of a surprise considering that many on the left do what they can to police people’s thoughts, which is exactly how political correctness came to be. But I digress.
Transcript of the conversation reveals that Matthew’s teacher went far beyond what a teacher should ever do to a student, especially when they know we all have the First Amendment right to say as we please.
MATTHEW:  I’m a huge Trump supporter, and I’m very outward about it. I like how he’s going to close the borders. I like how he’s gonna obliterate ISIS.  Well, a few days ago — people are still charging me — the teacher wrote on the board, “Beside Martin Luther King, who are some visionaries who are in the world?”  People wrote down Abraham Lincoln. People wrote down Rosa Parks. People wrote down Pope Francis.  And I wrote down Donald Trump.  And the next day, the teacher pulled me over and said, “Erase that comment!” And I was like, “Why?” And she’s like, “What good has he done for this world?”
I’m like, “Well, he’s created his businesses, and he’s built magnificent buildings in many countries in the world, and he’s actually running for president while he’s actually stating his ideas.” And I was… And she made me erase it. I’m thinking like, “Wait, why is…? I thought I had freedom of speech. I mean, an anchor baby gets citizenship. Why don’t I?” I kind of got mad after that. And people are targeting me, they’re saying, “Donald Trump sucks and you do too,” and I really don’t know what to do.
RUSH: (chuckles) Matthew, part of me is saying, “Join the club.” (laughing and clapping) Join the club.  I have a lot of people telling me that I suck, too, and that I don’t know what I’m doing. But in all seriousness, you lumped Trump in with Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln, and your teacher told you to erase Trump because your teacher didn’t think Trump was qualified to be mentioned in the company of those other people, right?
MATTHEW:  Yes.
RUSH:  And you stood up for Trump, and you tried to explain to her why, in your mind, Trump should be listed with those people.
MATTHEW:  Well, she forced me to erase it because I didn’t want to disobey the teacher. But, I mean, I don’t exactly like backing down that much and I was kind of disturbed by that.
RUSH:  Well, wait a minute, now.  You say you don’t like backing down, but you didn’t want to disobey the teacher.
MATTHEW:  Yes.
It wasn’t just the teacher that went after Matthew either. He told Rush that “like 50 other kids” attacked him for supporting Trump after they saw his comments on the board, but he said he didn’t back down from them.
Rush went on to tell Matthew that he did the “right thing” by respecting the teacher’s authority, and it’s even better that he didn’t back away from his beliefs under pressure.
“You just stay dedicated to what you truly believe, understanding that all kinds of people are gonna insult you or tell you you’re wrong,” said Rush.
It’s truly sad and unfortunate that there’s teachers like this in schools, who refuse to allow open dialogue and discussion if it doesn’t fit into their narrow worldview. However, it’s refreshing to see someone so young not only support conservatism, but stand strong in the face of relentless bullying for his beliefs. Kudos to Matthew for taking a stand even though his opinions aren’t popular at his school.

Comments