Italy's daily coronavirus death toll and new cases fall

Wayne Gretzky to sub for John Tortorella at All-Star Game

By The Sports Xchange
The NHL announced Saturday that Wayne Gretzky will replace Columbus Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella for the Metropolitan Division at Sunday's All-Star Game. File Photo by Terry Schmitt/UPI
| License Photo

The NHL announced Saturday that Wayne Gretzky will replace Columbus Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella for the Metropolitan Division at Sunday's All-Star Game.
Tortorella is skipping the All-Star game in Los Angeles to attend to a gravely ill dog. Tortorella owns five dogs and his charitable foundation is active in finding homes for dogs.
"I appreciate so much the number of messages I have received since the announcement," Tortorella told the Columbus Dispatch. "But this absolutely is not an emergency. I want to clear that up. I needed a few days during the All-Star break not having to go to the All-Star Game to take care of something very important to my family and my son."
Gretzky is currently a partner and vice-president with the Edmonton Oilers. He also coached the Arizona Coyotes for four seasons from 2005-2009.

Comments