Italy's daily coronavirus death toll and new cases fall

Nigerian Pidgin English

1. How Bodi? / How You Dey? – How are you doing today?

2. How Far? – Hey, Hi

3. Wetin? – What?

4. I no no – I don’t know

5. I no sabi – I don’t understand

6. I dey fine – I’m fine. I’m doing well.

7. Wetin dey happen? – What’s going on? What’s happening?

8. Wahala – Problem/Trouble. Example – Why you dey give me wahala? Which means why are you giving me so many problems?

9. Comot! – Get out of here!

10. Comot for road – Make way

11. Dem send you? – Have you been sent to torment me?

12. Gi mi – Give it to me.

13. K-leg – Questionable. Example – Your story get k-leg! Which means your story or gist sounds suspect or exaggerated.

14. I Wan Chop – I want to eat

15. Come chop – Come and eat

16. Abeg – Please, but usually not a repentant plea. Example – Abeg! No waste my time!; Which means Please! Don’t waste my time!

17. Vex – Upset. Example – Make you no vex me! ; Which means “Don’t upset me!”

18. I no gree – I don’t agree, I disagree

19. Abi? – Isn’t it?

20. Na so? – Is that so?

21. Wayo – Trickery. Example – That man be wayo; which means “that man is a fraud!”

22. Area boys –Street-smart young men that loiter around neighborhoods.

23. Butta my bread – Answered prayers. Example – “God don butta my bread” which means God has answered my prayers

24. Go slow – Traffic jam

25. I go land you slap – I will slap you!

26. Listen well well – Pay attention
https://www.geezgo.com/sps/46194

Join Geezgo for free. Use Geezgo's end-to-end encrypted Chat with your Closenets (friends, relatives, colleague etc) in personalized ways.>>

Comments